Director of Marketing, ZeeVee
Building the brand, generating growth and having a really good time at it
Littleton, MA December 2011-present
Developing strategy and driving execution of all aspects of ZeeVee’s marketing programs – from generating targeted leads through innovative website development, SEO/SEM, email and social media. My role includes overall responsibility for branding, market development and channel marketing.
Director of Marketing, Sustainable Performance Institute
SPI developed the building industry’s first 3rd party assessment & certification program, for evaluating and validating firms’ capability to deliver consistent, high-quality sustainability services
Boston, MA June 2011-present
• Spearheading marketing of the new SPI brand and the SPI Certification program
• Generating and measuring awareness campaigns (via web, social media, video, tradeshows, development of new collateral)
• Developing sales channels and identifying Top Target accounts
• Implementing Salesforce.com and migrating all revenue forecasting activities into the new CRM
• Expanding and nurturing partnering relationships
• Managing all aspects of events and trainings, including planning, registration, marketing, logistics, CEU credit and follow-up
• Supervising staff of 4, with ultimate responsibility for consistent, productive communication
Managing Partner, ROI Blitz Internet Marketing Agency
A comprehensive online marketing agency, specializing in website development, traffic generation, SEO, PPC, Content Development, Social Media, Video & Email Marketing
Hopedale, MA 2009-2011
• Created Free Marketing Made Easy, a program that teaches businesses how to leverage SEO, Site Optimization, Social Media, Email Marketing, Press Releases, Podcasting, Teleclasses & Web Conferencing.
• Leveraged the program into ROI Blitz, a services company serving twenty plus clients.
• Recruited and managed an international team of fourteen copywriters, designers, programmers, social media managers and keyword analysts.
• Developed marketing calendars and implemented accountability practices.
• Conducted initial client assessments and messaging consultations to determine business priorities, customer personas, objections and competitive differentiators.
• Translated assessments into specific, actionable marketing plans.
• Measured return on investment via analytics and customer acquisition.
• Earned first-page ranking, increased visibility and improved conversions for technology, home-improvement, real estate, wellness and financial services clients.
Integrated Media Sales, Conformity Magazine
International Regulatory Compliance publication serving 20,000 Electromagnetic Compliance, design and test engineers.
Littleton, MA 2006-2009
• Pioneered an industry exclusive lead generation program; extended advertiser base and increased repeat advertising, margins and renewals.
• Created lucrative trade show promotion, reached 100% sell-through.
• Closed 30% of media sales through collaboration with advertising agencies.
• Exceeded 100%+ sales goal for twenty-two consecutive periods (total media sales averaged $650k annually).
Marketing & Strategy Consultant, Sustainable Energy Solutions
Energy Efficiency through renewable smart technologies.
Littleton, MA 2007-2008
• Developed Sustainable Energy’s brand, built corporate identity, architected second generation website, created a family of comprehensive case studies, white papers and capabilities reports.
• Researched regional and national energy efficiency markets to determine positioning: defined client’s unique value proposition, competitive differentiators, strategic vision and priorities.
• Reviewed existing revenue streams for Sustainable Energy Solutions, identified and proposed adjunct services to advance credibility, extend the brand, generate leads and increase profit.
Founder, Clear SelfCare
Milford, MA 2003-2007
• Self-financed and established unique retail center around the first Ocean Floatroom imported to United States. Hired and managed staff of twenty.
• Generated over $200k in startup revenue.
• Built referral business to 40% of total sales by networking with regional businesses, health care providers and practitioners.
• Designed B2C marketing and public relations campaigns based on demographic segmentation.
National Accounts & Business Development Manager, 3Com Corporation
Global provider of enterprise, small business and consumer networking solutions.
Marlborough, MA 1999-2003
• Launched two new user-driven technology product categories, directly promoted through trainings, customer visits and trade shows.
• Increased end user sales of computer networking hardware by managing client relationships at senior levels in multiple industries including utilities, retail, financial and high technology.
• Expanded market share by originating new strategic partnerships (including cabling contractors and retail telecommunications providers) in non-traditional markets. Quarterly revenue exceeded $1 million.
• Championed Digital Home strategy for emerging technologies both internally and externally, building consensus and awareness.
• Originated a positioning analysis of SOHO products based on channel, price/performance and competitive benefits. Recommended portfolio changes based on research.
Sales Development & Inside Sales Representative, Cabletron Systems
#3 worldwide manufacturer of networking computer equipment
Rochester, NH 1997-1999
• Prospected for leads, initiated contact via cold calling and profiled to measure opportunity, generated proposals, established sales forecasts and closed sales. Followed up with ROI analysis and account management.